Monday, October 3, 2011

Accent Vlog

A bunch of the ladies from The Blathering (less than three weeks away!!) have been posting Vlogs (video blogs) showing off our regional accents, or lack thereof. I actually recorded this last Friday, but neglected to post it all weekend. Better late than never! And at least there's a cute, albeit demanding, toddler, to distract from my inane ramblings.

Accent Vlog from Lauren Petron on Vimeo.

Watching this again, it's clear that: (1) Wow, I'm opinionated, and (2) I'm opinionated about things that don't matter in the slightest.

So what do you think? Accent or not? If you'd like to participate, you can find the words and questions here.

6 comments:

Maureen said...

You totally have an accent. And a very adorable toddler.

Erica said...

The bonus toddler footage is cracking me up.

Jessica said...

Margaret now asks every day if we can watch more accent vlogs. She especially likes the ones with kids.

Sarah in Ottawa said...

Totally adorable, semi-southern accent. Even MORE adorable toddler. I just want to eat him up.

As for the 'sunshower' thing, I think some parts of the south say "The devil is beating his wife" (!!!?!?) when it's sunny during a shower. This came as a shock to me back when I read the first results of the Harvard linguistic study. I call it a sunshower, too.

Elsha said...

I hear a little bit of a southern accent, but not much. Also, I totally get irritated when people misspell "y'all." Come on people, not that hard.

Branwen said...

"Hi Nate" That kiddo is getting so big! Also the new haircut looks beautiful and for some reason I think your accent sounds stronger in person than in the video.