Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday

I wasted Nate's entire afternoon naptime today trying to come up with a way to accurately and adequately describe last weekend at the Blathering. I failed miserably.

Nate was fussy all afternoon, even during his playdate.

I think the switch from Daylight Saving Time, coupled with traveling to Chicago, has made me unreasonably tired. I've been fighting to keep my eyes open all day.

I made myself a cup of tea and never got to drink it.

I neglected to make any dinner at all for my poor husband, even though he was coming home from a business trip.

By all accounts, it should have been a crappy day. But this afternoon Nate decided to take four steps, smiling and reaching toward me all the way. And suddenly the rest didn't matter.

Didn't matter at all.

3 comments:

Dr. Maureen said...

Go, Nate!

Miriel said...

Yay! Although I still have to see this with my own eyes.

He's getting so biiiiiigggg!

Jessica said...

Yay! I know everyone says you're in trouble now that he can walk, but I never felt that way. I didn't feel like Margaret got into more stuff once she could walk. Actually, she was a happier kid because she'd been very frustrated she had to crawl while we all walked around.