Thursday, November 4, 2010

Okay, posting three days in a row should be evidence that something is afoot around here. I'm attempting to participate in NaBloPoMo--National Blog Posting Month, during which bloggers post every single day all month long. I am perplexed as to why this event always occurs in November, as opposed to, say, February or March, but I'm not in charge.

Today's post will be nothing of note, sadly. It's past my bedtime, and I spent Nate's naptime packing to go to Chicago for the weekend. Can we talk, though, about that? This will be the first time I have truly been away from Nate, and it's making me pretty nervous. I am confident that I'm going to have a great time, but I'm afraid I'm going to miss him desperately. Tell me that it will be okay?

I am excited, though, that David will get to spend the entire weekend with Nate. I think he's a little worried about it right now, but he is a terrific father. Seeing that he can handle Nate all weekend can only build his confidence in that regard. He's even got a playdate planned! Nate also completely adores David, so I think he's going to be thrilled to have Papa all to himself for three whole days.

If you don't mind, though, please say a little prayer for all of us this weekend? I want everything to go smoothly here, and I don't want my missing Nate to dampen my fun. Because let's face it; mama needs a break sometimes.

1 comment:

Sarah in Ottawa said...

I am so impressed by the length and quality of your daily posts. Not that I am surprised -- you are a wonderful writer - but I am impressed nonetheless.

I hope that you are having an AMAZING time at the Blathering. I wish I could have gone, but having a 10 week old is a fair trade for missing a weekend of fun. I can't wait to hear all your stories!