Friday, August 14, 2009

When in doubt, post nursery photos

We're still working on finishing up the nursery, which is why I've been reluctant to post any pictures. It's really coming together well, though. We still need some kind of curtain or valance, and we're still looking for an appropriate lamp and some decorative shelves for the walls by the window. But by and large, I feel good about what we've done. The nursery is, in a word, soothing. It's not very busy, and the colors are very soft. Sometimes I'll catch David just standing in the room or sitting in the glider/recliner in the evenings. (I find this behavior so incredibly sweet!)

So, with the caveat that there's a bit more work to be done, here's the nursery:

I threw the bedding into the crib as soon as the crib arrived, and I have yet to pull it back out to steam out the wrinkles. That's a project for next week. The bassinet peeking out in the corner will, of course, be in our bedroom.

The hutch was David's idea, and I'm so glad we went with it. We'll be moving the shelves up so that we can put the changing pad on the left side of the dresser. The blanket on the glider was a gift from my mom. Her aunt knit it for me back when I was born.

The glider/recliner is incredibly comfortable. Arwen and Mary Paige both insisted that we needed a recliner, and we heeded their advice. Thanks, ladies-- I'm sure we'll be especially grateful in the middle of the night.

Bonus photos! I'm desperately hoping that our choice of coming-home outfit will fit the little guy. (Can you see the pale blue stripes on the outfit?) The newborn size only goes up to eight pounds, which scares me a little. I weighed less than seven pounds at birth, but David weighed more than eight. There are, um, other reasons my poor body is hoping he'll be on on the smaller side of eight pounds, too. But we'll have to take a backup outfit to the hospital in case he's too big for this one.

And the hat. The hat! Hand-knit by my dear friend Marie, I think it's adorable and very special.


And, finally, yours truly at 34 weeks, two days:

The belly is really out there these days, to the point that it bumps into things. The other morning I was cooking eggs when I noticed that the belly was dangerously close to the edge of the frying pan. I have to be really careful from here on out!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Yea! It turned out so darling. Great job!

Ada Bowler said...

The nursery looks perfect. And I love the little take-me-home outfit! We sure miss you! xo