Saturday, December 6, 2008

Simple Pleasures

This time of year, it's all too easy to get caught up in to-do lists, party after party (David and I have SIX holiday parties to attend between now and next Saturday night!), and seemingly endless shopping.  I'm trying to make an effort to enjoy some of the small things that each day brings.  In that spirit, here are a few things that are making me happy today:


The pretty Christmas centerpiece that my little brother sent to me on Thursday.  Thank you, JJ!


A bunch of apples bought at the farmer's market this morning, waiting to be baked into a crisp.


The cinnamon stick, whole cloves, and orange slices simmering on my stove.  My house smells delicious!  

1 comment:

Miriel said...

The pan simmering on the stove looks like it smells AMAZING. Kind of like the onion trick!