Thursday, October 2, 2008

Vanity Plates of the Day

Yesterday was a banner day in the vanity plate department. David and I both saw plates that would easily qualify as the vanity plate of the day. We can't decide, though, which one is more outrageous. So we'll give you both!

I spotted the first one as I was driving home from work: 55&SEXY. I'm of the opinion that one should never, ever refer to oneself as "sexy," least of all on a license plate. If you are sexy, people will know it by looking; no need to announce it to the world. If you're not sexy, but claim that you are, then you're just opening yourself up to ridicule.

I was on the highway and couldn't catch a glimpse of "55&SEXY," so I can't speak to the accuracy of the plate. But does it really matter?

David, though, saw what may be the ultimate in vanity plates: "ILOVEME." I mean, that really does say it all, doesn't it?

No comments: